IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING IPL PHOTOREJUVENATION TREATMENTS
Under no circumstances are any clinic’s allowed to perform IPL photorejuvenation treatments on the same day as your consultation. This is important to remember when opting for your IPL Photorejuvenation treatments. A consultation and test patch is absolutely paramount 24 hours prior to having your hair reduction treatment.
IPL Photorejuvenation is a very safe method that achieves results, provided you are in the professional hands of accredited laser safety trained therapists that understand the importance of safety first. There are many contra-indications that can affect your treatment which is why it is so important and paramount that you have a detailed consultation process and analysis for determining factors including risk factors. A test patch MUST always be performed.
There are specific settings that are used for each individual as you may have different skin colouring, and different needs. Not only do you need to under go a specific analysis to determine which settings you may be for the IPL Photorejuvenation to take place, there are many antibiotics and medications that can contraindicate you from having such a treatment this includes anti-depressants and even some herbal medicines.
Certain medications can make your skin susceptible to becoming sensitive to specific light sources that are used during the IPL Photorejuvenation process, meaning it can cause hypo or hyper pigmentation, and skin reactions. A test patch must also be performed to ensure that you are not contra-indicated to the light source that is used.
Visible Changes therapists are all highly trained with the highest accreditations including certificates in laser safety. Visible Changes requires you to have a consultation and test patch prior to commencing treatments to ensure the highest quality standard of getting you a result in the safest way possible.
Pre & Post Treatment Care
- Stay out of the sun or solariums for at least two to four weeks before your treatment, and use a daily moisturiser plus sunscreen SPF30+ (sunscreen), applied hourly while you are exposed. Do not use any form of tanning throughout your treatment; this includes accidental sun exposure such as driving and daily activities.
- Sun exposure before and after will increase the risk of complications or side effects.
- Do not use self‐tan/spray for one to two weeks before your treatment. The procedure may have to be postponed if you have a tan.
- Do not wax, pluck or bleach at least two to four weeks before and during your treatment. You may shave between treatments.
- Please shave the treatment area at least ONE day prior to your appointment.
- Please inform your therapist of any medication you are on, and if you are pregnant or breast feeding during your consultation and test patch process. Your therapist will go through all of the necessary information during your consultation including informing you on contra-indications which may jeopardise your treatment
- Apply a soothing cream to the treated area twice per day for three days.
- Redness is common for a couple of hours to a couple of days after treatment. The redness is a natural response and usually disappears within a few hours. In some cases it can last longer, but unlikely to last more than two days. Regular application of a daily moisturiser will improve recovery time.
- Until redness has completely subsided, avoid performing activities that cause excessive perspiration until the area has improved.
- Avoid swimming pools and spas treated with chemicals or chlorine until the skin returns to its normal condition.
- You may shower afterwards using luke warm water, but avoid hot showers until the skin returns to its normal skin condition. Wash the treated area gently with mild, unscented soap and pat dry (do not rub).
- In the unusual case of crusting, swelling of the skin, apply a Soothing Aloe Gel. However, please advise us immediately. Do not pick at these areas, as this may result in infection.
Any questions, please call our friendly staff on (08) 8223 7633 Adelaide or (08) 8235 0401 Findon